Wednesday 3 June 2009

Three Cheers For Five Years

So today, I officially left high school. I still have to go back for a few exams and then, that's it. Over. Finished. Terrifying.

I've had my ups and downs there, but I always had people to fall back on. I've met some awesome people (some not-so-awesome too, but never mind). I've made friends I don't want to leave, and I've met people who have literally changed my life.

I remember being "shoved in Lottie's form" as my Head Of Year so eloquently put it, and thank Christ I did! Those three years in CJ were times I'll never forget. The little things like sports day! Ronald & Bat The Rat! :-D

Then there's the teachers who've left us over the years! Mrs Herwin, the brilliant eccentric English teacher; Madame Peneranda, the half-Spanish French teacher, Madame Pigois, the French teacher who got accused of pretending to be French; Miss Cox, the bubbly I.T teacher; Mr Redmond, the embarrassing dad-like Assistant Head; Miss Shaw, whom there are no words to describe; and of course, Miss Beevor, the wonderful, incredible English teacher, whom I adopted as my mother for a week.
Oops, not forgetting Mr Kiiza, the Math teacher who was a dead spit of the Halifax man!

I've changed a lot over these five years, and I know everybody else has too. It's been strange watching everyone turn into different people than the ones I grew up with.

I've moved around a lot in terms of friendship groups, and I honestly think that's a good thing. I've definitely ended with the right people, not that my other friends aren't great too!

To anyone reading this, thank you for the past five years. Even if we hardly ever speak, and have never been close friends, you being there has made an impact on our year group, and any small change could have made everything different. I know that everybody, yes everybody, can achieve everything they want.

School reunion in 20 years? I think so :)

Thistley Hough;
5th September 2004 - 3rd June 2009
x

No comments: